Christopher T. Varas is a litigator in the fields of intellectual property and technology. Mr. Varas focuses his practice on trademark, copyright and right of publicity. Mr. Varas has litigated cutting edge intellectual property and technology issues on behalf of some of the world’s most recognized companies.
He routinely represents clients in high profile disputes involving unsettled areas of the law, and has significant experience obtaining and opposing requests for restraining orders and preliminary injunctions.
He has litigated complex multijurisdictional disputes and has also developed sophisticated global litigation and enforcement programs.
Prior to joining Kilpatrick Townsend, Mr. Varas worked as an associate with Keats McFarland & Wilson LLP in Beverly Hills, California, a boutique intellectual property law firm with extensive involvement in the development, protection, and enforcement of famous brands as they relate to consumer products, entertainment and the Internet.
Previously, Mr. Varas practiced in the Seattle, Washington headquarters of a national law firm, where his practice focused primarily on issues relating to cybersquatting, phishing and unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material.
Mr. Varas has published articles dealing with a variety of subjects, including copyright work for hire agreements, the protection of trademark rights in Internet domain names, the use of trademarks in graphical virtual worlds, and the development and execution of intellectual property enforcement programs.
- Northwestern University School of Law (2002)cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Edinburgh, LL.M., Innovation, Technology and the Law (2007) with honours
- Lawrence University (1998) magna cum laude
- California (2008)
- Washington (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$$