Christopher J. Verstrate’s practice focuses on corporate law including mergers and acquisitions, international transactions, complex contracts and business structuring, formation and reorganization. He also provides general corporate advice for all types of entities, as well as representation in certain intellectual property matters.
His focus on corporate transactions regularly involves the structuring, documenting, reviewing and negotiating of a variety of deals including asset and stock purchase transactions, merger agreements, joint ventures, shareholder and buy/sell agreements, operating agreements and other corporate transactional agreements.
He also drafts, reviews and negotiates operational and development contracts for clients to cover areas such as supply and distribution, confidentiality and non-disclosure, intellectual property, and sales and purchases of goods and services.
Chris assists both domestic and international clients with corporate legal matters and transactions in a variety of industries including consulting, manufacturing and technology. In addition, he has experience in intellectual property matters including trademark and copyright registration, maintenance and licensing.
Chris has written for numerous publications and presented at several seminars on corporate law topics and issues. He also taught an upper-level business law course at a Chicago area college.
- Representation of Tentamus Group GmbH, a German-based global equality and safety services company, in its acquisition of EPL Bio Analytical Services, a provider of analytical laboratory services.
- Representation of Tentamus Group GmbH, a German-based global equality and safety services company, in its acquisition of Adamson Analytical Labs, a provider of analytical and research service in chemical sciences and microbiological testing.
- Representation of a leading provider of professional staffing services in its acquisition of a Texas-based management consulting firm.
- Representation of a Netherlands-based ingredients arm of an international trading and shipping group in its $19 million sale of the stock of its U.S. operations to a commodities trade facilitator.
- Representation of several U.S. clients on leveraged management buyouts, including the buyout of a manufacturer from its former European parent company.
- Regularly provide counsel for redemption transactions, reorganizations and recapitalizations, including several equity investment transactions in technology companies and other service companies.
- Act as outside general counsel handling day-to-day corporate legal matters for companies in various industries from food services to publishing.
- Advise clients on all aspects of trademark and copyright assessment, registration and maintenance, including related license issues, including representing several U.S. companies in managing their trademark and copyright portfolios around the world.
- Northwestern University School of Law, JD, Senior Articles Editor, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business, 1999
- Trinity Christian College, BA, 1996
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, International Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$$