Christopher Brennan is an associate in Nelson Mullins Broad and Cassel’s Orlando office where he concentrates his practice in construction law and litigation as well as general commercial and business litigation, handling both construction matters and commercial disputes.
In his construction practice, he represents and advises owners, developers, contractors, and subcontractors in various complex construction matters ranging from mid-project issues like construction liens, payment disputes, delay claims, regulatory compliance, and insurance disputes, to post-completion construction defect and professional liability claims.
His experience includes active engagement in claims analysis, risk management, litigation strategy, discovery, dispositive motion practice, as well as the successful resolution of disputes both at trial and through alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation and arbitration.
Drawing on his wide-ranging experience in construction law and litigation, he is able to devise innovative and versatile solutions in order to meet the sophisticated needs of his clients.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, cum laude (2014)
- University of Florida, BS, Public Relations, cum laude (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Awarded $1 million judgment against prospective purchaser and escrow agent in purchase and sale of hotel, and secured orders of contempt and writs of bodily attachment against principals in subsequent enforcement proceedings
- Secured favorable jury verdict after weeklong trial regarding wrongful nondisclosure by seller in real property transaction
- Obtained favorable arbitration award representing owner/developer of affordable housing senior living community in construction defect dispute with subcontractor
- Successfully obtained order from state appellate court denying surety’s petition for writ of certiorari regarding effect of contractual provision requiring pre-suit mediation
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$