Christopher Espy was born and raised in Jackson, Mississippi. He earned his undergraduate degree from Tougaloo College. Upon graduation, he served as Legislative Aide to U.S. Representative for Mississippi’s Second Congressional District in Washington, D.C.
After working on Capitol Hill, Mr. Espy went to law school and earned his J.D. from Howard University School of Law. He spent the initial years of his legal career defending a variety of civil cases in areas including personal injury, transportation/trucking law, governmental and municipal liability, commercial litigation, as well as other civil litigation.
Mr. Espy’s current practice focuses on the employee/plaintiff side of labor and employment law where he fights for those who work hard every day to earn a living wage. He represents individuals in wage and hour litigation (minimum wage, overtime) and in the areas of discrimination, harassment, medical leave and whistleblower litigation.
He is a member of the Magnolia Bar Association and the Capitol Area Bar Association. He also serves as a member of the Leadership Mississippi Advisory Committee and as a Board Member of Make-A-Wish Mississippi.
Mr. Espy is admitted to practice in all Mississippi’s state and federal courts, the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee and United States District Court for the Eastern and Western District of Arkansas, the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as the District of Columbia.
- All Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western District of Arkansas
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Magnolia Bar Association
- Capitol Area Bar Association
- Leadership Mississippi Advisory Committee
- Make-A-Wish Mississippi – Board Member
Rate : $$$