Sought after for his accomplishments in the areas of privacy and data protection, high-stakes litigation, technology transactions and corporate compliance, Christopher A. Wiech’s practice defies categorization. However, his emphasis on intellectual property makes him popular among company leaders who require discerning counsel in today’s fast-paced information economy.
Certified as an Information Privacy Professional by the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Christopher is an authority on a range of compliance issues; he has a particular focus on state, federal and international privacy and data security matters, the internet, e-commerce, cloud computing, social media and records management.
He also advises clients on the minefield of legal and regulatory challenges that face emerging industries, including IoT, digital currencies and blockchain technology. A gifted trial lawyer, Christopher has litigated technology and business disputes in federal and state courts throughout the country, and has extensive jury trial, arbitration and appellate experience.
- Counsel to cloud-based software vendors regarding data breach incidents and resulting litigation.
- Counsel to a consumer financing provider regarding data security and privacy matters.
- Trial counsel in successfully defending patent licensee against breach of license and patent infringement claims brought by publicly-traded licensor of healthcare field operations tracking technology.
- Counsel to world’s third-largest travel services company in dispute with large IT solutions and services provider over implementation of multimillion-dollar integrated telecommunications software system.
- Counsel to clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, in actions challenging or defending trademark registrations.
- Counsel for nationwide commercial transportation insurance wholesaler. Defended multiple contractual disputes in federal and state courts on client’s behalf.
- Trial counsel to national retail pharmacy in eminent domain litigation. Obtained appellate court ruling clarifying state law in client’s favor.
- Trial counsel to owner of retail shopping centers across the U.S. in litigation involving lease disputes, fraudulent transfers and dispossessory actions. Obtained verdicts and judgments ranging from hundreds of thousands of dollars to more than $1 million.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Atlanta KnowledgeNet Chapter: Co-Chair
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2003
- B.S., James Madison University, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
Rate : $$$$