Christy Tosh Crider is chair of the Firm’s Health Care Litigation Group and Women’s Initiative, and head of the Firm’s Long Term Care Group. Christy concentrates her practice in health care litigation, managing the litigation of numerous health care facilities around the country as well as serving as outside general counsel.
She represents the Organ Procurement Organizations and tissue banks in several states, long term care providers around the country, one of the largest behavioral health companies in the country, onsite health centers, and many health care related organizations.
She provides counsel to health care companies on quality assurance, corporate compliance, general business advice and litigation avoidance challenging survey citations, and government investigations.
- University of Arkansas, J.D., 1996, with honors
- Ouachita Baptist University, B.A., 1993, cum laude
- Kentucky, 2012
- Tennessee, 1997
- Arkansas, 1996
- Resolved successfully a lawsuit brought under the False Claims Act by the Department of Justice for substandard care for a long term care provider after multi-day evidentiary hearing.
- Provided advice on post-trial and appeal issues in a long term care punitive damages case involving an eight-figure verdict.
- Presented oral argument before the Tennessee Court of Appeals on an issue of first impression for long term care providers concerning the authority of a relative of a long term care resident to enter into an arbitration agreement on the resident’s behalf.
- Achieved a full defense verdict in the second long term care medical malpractice case ever to go to arbitration in Tennessee.
- Successfully compelled to arbitration and dismissed from court several long term care wrongful death cases.
- Won summary judgment in an apartment fire case.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Nashville, Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky and American Bar Associations
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association, Long Term Care Section
- Best Oralist – Vanderbilt National First Amendment Moot Court Competition
- Chair – University of Arkansas Trial Advocacy Team
- Associate Member – Tennessee Health Care Association (2005 – present)
- Chair – Nashville Charitable Contributions Committee (2007 – present)
Rate : $$$