Christy S. Hawkins focuses her practice on privacy, cybersecurity, and incident response. She advises clients on state, federal, and international data security and privacy issues, including compliance and risk management.
She conducts risk assessments and prepares key documentation, such as incident response plans, privacy policies, and privacy notices. Christy supports organizations of all sizes and in various market sectors, including financial institutions, healthcare, hospitality, human resources, insurance, pharmaceutical, software/SaaS, and security.
As a first responder to potential data breaches and privacy incidents, Christy helps companies investigate, evaluate, respond and recover. Her work includes completing investigations; identifying and coordinating with vendors to provide forensics, identity monitoring and restoration, and call centering services; evaluating legal and regulatory obligations; and preparing notification communications.
Christy also helps clients with regulatory compliance. She addresses issues involving federal and state regulations—including the New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Requirements, and international regulations including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation.
Christy is certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) as a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US).
- J.D., Baylor Law School, 2013, cum laude
- B.A., University of North Texas, Political Science, 2009
Bar Admissions : Texas; Arkansas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Hands on Texarkana, Volunteer; Planning Committee
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- State Bar of Arkansas, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Eastern District, Member
- Texarkana Bar Association, Secretary 2015-2017
- Texarkana Young Lawyers Association, Vice President, 2013-2014; President 2014-2015
Rate : $$$$