Cindy Irani counsels clients in a variety of industries including education, financial services, health care and telecommunications and is experienced in education law, political law and government contracts law.
Cindy has experience dealing with issues pertaining to the federal Higher Education Act, state educational licensing laws and the accreditation of institutions of higher education.
She helps advise nonprofit and for-profit educational institutions, education companies and private investors on complex transactions, including changes of ownership involving postsecondary institutions.
Cindy also counsels clients on compliance with campaign finance laws and regulations at federal, state and local levels of government, including: the permissibility of political contributions and activities by corporations, PACs and other entities; reporting and registration requirements and ethics restrictions imposed on contributors; and pay-to-play laws.
She advises clients on lobbying laws, including the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 and state and local lobbying laws, and governmental ethics statutes and rules governing gifts and travel.
Cindy handles a variety of matters regarding the certification and participation of disadvantaged, women and minority business enterprises (D/W/MBEs) in the government contracting process.
She assists clients in preparing D/W/MBE certification applications, assessing certification eligibility, addressing certification eligibility requirements and appealing adverse certification eligibility decisions.
- Counseled private investors, education companies and other entities on purchases and sales of postsecondary educational institutions or their assets, and credit facilities to support acquisitions or ongoing operations and other complex transactions involving colleges and universities.
- Assisted postsecondary institutions regarding their compliance with the specific state authorization requirements for Title IV federal student aid program participation.
- Advised accrediting agencies regarding a broad range of applicable legal and regulatory issues, including the development of accrediting policies and standards.
- Researched and drafted multi-state surveys of campaign finance and lobbying laws/regulations for various clients.
- Assisted minority/women-owned business enterprises with applying to private and public certifying agencies for D/W/MBE certification.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington, J.D., 2006, Federal Communications Law Journal
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, B.A., 2003, with honors
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$