With an established record of creative and effective advocacy, Cindy A. Laquidara navigates complex litigation matters, from administrative hearings, to federal and state trials and appeals.
Her practice serves municipal authorities, private corporations with long-term lease arrangements, companies submitting competitive procurement bids and proposals, general commercial litigation, and energy related matters in dispute resolution pertaining to bid disputes, land use, transportation, contracts, First Amendment, government and utility contracting, environmental issues, and government affairs.
Cindy represents clients in class action litigation where she has obtained summary judgments on pension matters under the ADA and ADAA, as well as under Title VII. She serves as appellate counsel on similar matters with numerous published opinions, from bid disputes to constitutional issues.
A former general counsel for the Consolidated City of Jacksonville and its entities, Cindy is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in City, County & Local Government Law, and advises high-profile government entities on a multitude of diverse matters.
Cindy also places great emphasis on social responsibility. As a pro bono matter, she maintained security clearance working with the Defense Department and the Defense Intelligence Agency to locate and repatriate the remains of a downed U.S. Navy pilot in Iraq through three presidential administrations. She frequently appears in federal court on pro bono court appointments in civil matters.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 1982, magna cum laude, Law Review, Managing Editor and Articles Editor; Order of the Coif
- B.A., University of Massachusetts, 1979, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Florida; Massachusetts; New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$