Cindy E. Zuniga focuses her practice on commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts. She has assisted clients with litigation involving contract disputes, class action defense, and other commercial matters.
She has also worked on matters involving internal investigations, and employment advice and counseling. Cindy maintains an active pro bono practice representing clients in asylum matters. Prior to law school, Cindy interned for the offices of Senator Charles Schumer and Senator Hillary Clinton.
- Acting as lead associate in actions involving internal corporate governance issues, breach of contract, fraud, and defamation claims in connection with a national nonprofit organization. Cindy’s role included drafting briefs, including a motion to dismiss, drafting pleadings, legal research, and discovery.
- Successfully obtaining summary judgment for a commercial seller in connection with a purchase and sales agreement dispute concerning escrow funds in the sale of a commercial property. Cindy’s role included drafting critical motions, including the motion for summary judgment that resulted in a favorable ruling for the client.
- Successfully obtaining temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions against numerous sellers of counterfeit consumer goods, including online sellers operating anonymously on e-commerce marketplaces. Cindy’s role included compiling factual information and drafting of the complaint, motions for preliminary injunction, and settlement documents.
- Working as part of a team that defended a state agency in a commercial action alleging breach of contract claims brought by a disaster recovery contractor against the state. Cindy’s work focused on conducting legal research on complex discovery issues, including the deliberative process privilege.
- Conducting an internal investigation for an educational international nonprofit organization relating to allegations of employee misconduct.
- J.D. magna cum laud eBenjamin N. Cardozo School of Law 2015
- B.S. cum laude Stony Brook University 2012
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$$