Claire Cowart Haltom is a shareholder and health care attorney in the Firm’s Nashville office. Ms. Haltom is a skilled health care advisor who has successfully closed more than $3 billion in health care transactions.
She assists health care organizations, both for profit and not-for-profit, with complex mergers and acquisitions, strategic market analysis, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, state approvals, state licensing issues, corporate practice of medicine matters, clinical integration opportunities, and antitrust concerns.
She is a member of Baker Donelson’s Health Law and Public Policy Department, which is regarded as one of the premiere health law practices in the country. It is nationally ranked by Modern Healthcare,Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Health Lawyers News and other health care publications.
As part of her practice, Ms. Haltom provides strategic policy and government relations advice to clients on a variety of state and federal public policy matters. She takes pride in understanding her clients’ business objectives and designing creative, yet practical legal solutions to meet their business needs.
Ms. Haltom is immediate past chair of the Leadership Health Care Board of Directors and has served on the Nashville Health Care Council Board of Directors. She previously served as chair of the Academic Medical Centers Practice Group of the American Health Lawyers Association. Internally, Ms. Haltom is the chair of Baker Donelson’s Alumni Program and serves on the leadership of Baker Donelson’s Women’s Initiative.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Haltom served as a communications director for a United States Congressional Committee in Washington, D.C.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Vanderbilt University, B.A.
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee
Representative Matters :
- Represented a billion dollar non-profit health system in securing the first Certificate of Public Advantage (COPA) ever issued in the state of Tennessee and the first Cooperative Agreement ever issued in the commonwealth of Virginia.
- Represented a two-billion dollar health system in various regulatory matters before the Department of Health and the Attorney General’s Office.
- Represented a two-billion-dollar health system in its acquisition of more than 500 physicians.
- Represented a regional non-profit health system in the sale of a 500-bed acute care hospital to a for-profit hospital company.
- Represented an academic medical center in its acquisition of numerous physician practices.
- Represented a group of health systems exploring a regional affiliated network through clinical integration.
- Represented a for-profit behavioral health company in the sale of a private inpatient acute behavioral facility dedicated to the treatment of behavioral and chemical dependency issues.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Named a Mid-South Rising Star by Mid-South Super Lawyers (2015 – 2018)
- Member – Nashville Health Care Council
- Member – Leadership Health Care
- Member – Nashville Council of Health Care Attorneys
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Faith Family Medical Center
- Member – Board of Directors (2015 – Present)
- Centerstone Military Services
- Member – Board of Directors (2018 – Present)
- American Heart Association (Middle TN Affiliate)
- Chair – Young Professional Board (2011 – 2013)
- The Hermitage, Home of President Andrew Jackson
- Young Jacksonian Society (2010 – 2015)
- Member – Otter Creek Church
Rate : $$$$