Claude Goetz advises clients on business transactions, finance and commercial legal issues, and mergers and acquisitions. His clients are concerned principally with intellectual property and information technology, including payment systems.
He counsels parties to credit card-related matters and represents buyers and sellers in all aspects of U.S. and multinational private asset and equity acquisitions, and assists licensors and licensees of intellectual property.
In addition, Claude has extensive experience with joint ventures, executive employment and severance, sales agency, governance, corporate counseling, and commercial contracts.
Claude is the current chair of DWT’s financial services practice group. He served as the partner-in-charge of the New York office from 2010-2014. Claude’s clients include: financial institutions; credit card banks; print, broadcast and online media outlets; and service providers in each of those industries.
- Representing credit card issuers and affiliates in connection with co-branding, issuing, processing, network branding, and auxiliary agreements; affinity/loyalty programs, technology sharing/transfer operations, and liquidity infusion transactions
- Representing private equity sources of funding in investment transactions with payment and loyalty innovators
- Representing rights holders in the purchase and sale of intellectual property portfolios and rights
- Representing private equity funded publishers of enthusiast magazines and operators of related online venues in the purchase, sale, and financing of portfolio properties
- Representing owners of social-networking websites in the acquisition and disposition of member lists
- Representing purchasers and sellers of intellectual property/information technology businesses
- Representing licensors and licensees of content, software, and other intellectual property in transactions licensing within, into and out of the United States and as to related development, maintenance, outsourcing, and other professional services
- Partner, Kay & Boose LLP, New York, N.Y.
- General Counsel, Deluxe Electronic Payments Systems, Inc., Milwaukee
- Associate, Montgomery, McCracken, Walker & Rhoads, Philadelphia
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1985
- B.A., German, Psychology, Wesleyan University, 1982, with high honors
Rate : $$$