Claude R. Treece is a skilled and experienced trial lawyer. Because of his diverse litigation background, lawyers rely on Claude when they encounter especially difficult and intense situations in the context of their client representation.
He is open, candid, always available, collaborative and constructive. Claude’s litigation history is rich, having tried dozens of cases to jury verdict in many state and federal courts in Texas, and briefed and argued numerous appeals in the Texas Supreme Court, Texas Courts of Appeal and the 5th Circuit.
Claude is also passionate about two initiatives sponsored by the firm: the MLK Jr. Oratory Competition, which he chairs, emcees and promotes on broadcast media in Houston, and the MS150 bicycle ride from Houston to Austin, benefitting the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
With more than 90 cyclists on the Gardere team year after year, Claude and his colleagues, clients and friends have raised more than $1 million.
- The University of Texas School of Law, (1976)
- Associate Editor, Texas Law Review
- Member, Chancellors
- B.A., Rice University, (1973), magna cum laude
- Texas (1977)
- Texas State Courts (1977)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (1979)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1981)
Rate : $$$$