Claudia J. Matzko is a public finance attorney serving as bond counsel to cities, towns, state agencies, counties, districts and political subdivisions throughout New England. She assists government entities, 501(c)(3) organizations, investment banking institutions, and banks in all phases of the issuing of taxable and tax-exempt debt, for the purpose of generating revenue to finance various projects for public and non-profit organizations.
Claudia also provides services as counsel to underwriters in connection with general obligation and revenue financings. While in law school, Claudia served as chief research assistant to the Honorable Robert G. Flanders, as a judicial extern to the Honorable Bruce M. Selya, and as a judicial intern to the Honorable Ronald R. Lagueux.
Prior to attending law school, Claudia was a Professor of Art at Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore. Her work has been exhibited internationally, including at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Representative Experience :
- Served as bond counsel to the City of Boston in connection with the issuance of $140,000,000 General Obligation Bonds, 2015 Series A and $126,735,000 General Obligation Refunding Bonds, 2015 Series B
- Served as bond counsel to the City of Cambridge in connection with the issuance of $74,465,000 General Obligation Municipal Purpose Loan of 2015 Bonds, Series A and $38,105,000 General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series B
- Served as borrower’s counsel to Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute in connection with $20,160,000 MassDevelopment Revenue Bonds, Series 2015
- Served as bond counsel to Narragansett Bay Commission in connection with the issuance of $41,753,500 Rhode Island Clean Water Finance Agency Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund Revenue Bonds, Series 2015 B (Pooled Issue)
- Served as underwriter’s counsel in connection with the issuance of $4,565,000 Rhode Island Health and Educational Building Corporation Public Schools Revenue Bond Financing Program Revenue Bonds, Series 2015 B (City of Cranston Issue)
- Served as underwriter’s counsel in connection with The Commonwealth of Massachusetts General Obligation Bonds Consolidated Loan of 2014 (MassDirect Notes) program
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, New England States Government Finance Officers Association (NESGFOA)
- J.D., Roger Williams University School of Law, 2006
- M.F.A., Yale University, 1983
- B.F.A., University of New Hampshire, 1980
Admissions : Massachusetts; Rhode Island
Rate : $$$