Claudia Poernig is a partner in the New York office of Baker Mckenzie and a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group. She guides multinational clients on how to better align their business operations and manages the implementation of corporate transactions and reorganizations on a global scale.
Her experience encompasses post-acquisition integrations, pre-transaction reorganizations, spin-offs, treasury driven reorganizations as well as inter-company debt consolidations and legal entity rationalizations.
Claudia’s practice focuses on the design and implementation of international corporate reorganizations as well as corporate governance of worldwide operating US companies and their business activities.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (LLM) (2005)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (PhD) (1998)
- University of Muenster (Law Degree) (1994)
- New York~United States (2005)
- Germany (1998)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New York State Bar Association International Law Section
- American Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Carve-out of Danaher Corporation’s global businesses resulting in the spin-off into two publicly traded companies, Danaher and Fortive.
- Implementation of a new holding company structure for the global operations of an insurance brokerage company, involving more than 30 countries.
- Regulatory driven divisionalization of a multinational ratings company, involving more than 20 countries.
- Multiple post-acquisition integration projects for companies in various sectors.
Rate : $$$