Clayton Graham represents clients in real estate transactions and land development projects, assisting owners, developers, and lenders with the host of issues that arise in the acquisition, development, use, and disposition of real property.
Clayton advises clients on permitting and land use issues under state and local regulations, including local zoning codes, historic preservation laws, the Shoreline Management Act, the Growth Management Act, and the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), and represents clients in code enforcement matters as well as land use approvals and appeals.
Clayton assists with the purchase, sale, and development of real property within planned community developments, condominiums, and mixed-use projects as well as transactions involving industrial, commercial, timber, and agricultural property.
He has assisted clients on significant, high-profile, and contested development projects in the Puget Sound region and beyond. Clayton’s clients include: Olympic Property Group/Pope Resources, the Port of Seattle, Seattle Times Company, Sound Transit, and Waste Management.
Professional & Community Activities:
- President, 2017-present; Board Member; 2011-present – King County Municipal League Foundation
- Board of Trustees, King County Bar Association, 2015-present
- Growth Management Policy Board, Puget Sound Regional Council, 2015-present
- Chair, 2013-2014; Vice Chair, 2012-2013; Secretary, 2010-2012 – Environmental and Land Use Law Section, King County Bar Association
- Leadership Tomorrow, Class of 2013
- Volunteer Attorney, Housing Justice Project
- Board of Directors, Vice President, Community for Youth, 2008-2010
- Asset Management Committee, St. Andrew’s Housing Group, 2007- 2009
- Washington State Bar Association
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2006, cum laude
- Executive Editor, Georgetown Journal of International Law
- M.A., Ibero-Romance Linguistics, University of Texas at Austin, 2002
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- President, Graduate Student Organization, Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- B.A., Spanish, International Studies, Oregon State University, 2000
Rate : $$$