Cléa Liquard has played significant roles in insurance coverage disputes, commercial and mass tort litigation, and appellate matters. With responsibilities ranging from negotiation to mediation to drafting of dispositive motions, Ms. Liquard has developed a sophisticated understanding of state and federal law including insurance law, U.S. and foreign financial regulations, and defense of multistate mass tort litigation.
In her insurance recovery practice, Ms. Liquard has provided guidance to her clients in diverse industries on the application of various policies including E&O, D&O, CGL, investment management, and multimedia liability and has counseled them to several favorable pre-litigation settlements for high-value, complex claims. She also works closely with clients on coverage advisory and placement issues.
Ms. Liquard also has valuable trial litigation and appellate experience both in private practice and as a law clerk on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Reed College, B.A.
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. Andrew J. Kleinfeld, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2013 – 2014
Bar Admissions :
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Representative Matters :
- Representing the NFL in connection with insurance coverage for concussion-related claims.
- Counsel for a major pharmaceutical distributor in a series of lawsuits brought by municipal and county governments alleging that the company contributed to a national epidemic of opioid addiction.
- Represented S&P Global in connection with coverage for litigation arising out of credit ratings issued in the mid-2000’s.
- Providing coverage advice to hedge fund under investment management policies for various claims.
- Providing coverage guidance to Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia under multi-media policies for licensing disputes.
- Represented controlling shareholders of public company regarding coverage under management liability policies for costs incurred in connection with shareholder derivative litigation.
- Represented art auction house in mediation and settlement in connection with coverage under professional liability policy related to alleged negligent appraisal.
Rate : $$$$