Cliff Gardner concentrates on representing corporations and their directors and officers in merger and acquisition-related litigation, stockholder derivative lawsuits, complex commercial disputes and securities class actions.
Mr. Gardner provides advice on transactional matters, including the fiduciary obligations of directors and officers. In addition to his numerous authorships, he is a member of the board of editors of Folk on the Delaware General Corporation Lawand Mergers & Acquisitions Deal Litigation Under Delaware Corporation Law. His notable representations include:
- The Coca-Cola Company, a worldwide beverage company, in litigation in Georgia state court arising from its $12.3 billion acquisition of its largest bottler, Coca-Cola Enterprises;
- Playboy Enterprises, Inc., a publishing company, in litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery arising from its going-private acquisition by Hugh Hefner and Rizvi Traverse;
- Abercrombie & Fitch, Co., a global specialty retailer, in derivative litigation in Ohio federal court;
- The Walt Disney Company, a worldwide entertainment and media company, and certain of its directors and officers in derivative litigation in California federal court;
- Activision, an entertainment publishing company, and its board of directors, in litigation in the Delaware Supreme Court and Court of Chancery arising from its $18.9 billion transaction with Vivendi, S.A.;
- DigitalGlobe, Inc., a satellite provider of earth imagery and geospatial information solutions, in litigation in Virginia federal court arising out of its $900 million merger with GeoEye, Inc., an information satellite technology provider for the aerospace and defense industry;
- Toray Industries, a chemistry and biotechnology company, in litigation in Missouri state court arising from its $584 million acquisition of Zoltek Companies.
- J.D., Duke Law School, 2008
- B.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2000
Admissions : Delaware
Experience : Law Clerk, Hon. John W. Noble, Delaware Court of Chancery (2008-2009)
Rate : $$$