Cliff Fonstein is a partner in the Labor & Employment Department and a member of Seyfarth Shaw’s national Whistleblower Team as well as its Financial Services Employment Practice Team. Mr. Fonstein has litigated all types of employment cases for Fortune 500 companies, from single-plaintiff whistleblower and discrimination claims to large class actions.
He has also provided advice to financial services, manufacturing and media companies, pertaining to training, terminations, compensation, and other employment-related issues and has represented these clients in state and federal court and before FINRA arbitration panels.
- Provides day-to-day advice to major Wall Street firms and represents them in all types of employment litigation in federal and state courts as well as before FINRA arbitration panels
- Won a defense judgment in a multimillion Whistleblower claim before FINRA on behalf of a Wall Street Employer involving claims surrounding the creation and management of CDOs
- Won a defense judgment for a Wall Street employer in a Whistleblower FINRA claim alleging that the Head of ETT Trading was terminated for raising concerns about the payment of foreign taxes
- Won a defense judgment in a multimillion dollar arbitration claim for a Wall Street client brought by the Head of Derivatives sales
- Won summary judgment in a same sex sexual harassment claim involving a senior management employee
- Successfully defended a major financial institution in a trade secret, duty of loyalty claim involving the claimed misappropriation of a key financial formula
- Defended an airline in an ADA class action claim, defeating class certification
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley (1979)
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (1983)
- ABA (L&E Law Section)
- Member of National Finance Industry Employment Law Committee
Rate : $$$