Clifford A. Ulrich devotes his practice to patent litigation, post-grant review proceedings before the USPTO, patent counseling, patent portfolio analysis and patent prosecution (both foreign and domestic), with a particular emphasis in the mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical arts.
He also has vast experience in design patents. Clifford’s experience covers a broad range of technologies, including automotive devices and systems, aerospace systems, computer devices and peripherals, consumer goods and medical devices.
Since 2008, Clifford has been heavily involved in post-grant review proceedings before the USPTO, handling over 100 inter partes reviews, inter partes reexamination proceedings, and ex parte reexamination proceedings.
He has been on both sides, representing the challenger in some instances and the patent owner in others. A majority of these proceedings are related to concurrent litigation, and Clifford’s experience in post-grant review proceedings is invaluable in developing offensive and defensive strategies in patent litigation.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Clifford gained industry experience as a design and manufacturing engineer.
- JD, New York Law School, Merit Scholar, New York Law School Journal of International and Comparative Law, Technology Editor (1994-1995) and Staff Editor (1993-1994), 1996
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, cum laude, 1989
- New York
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYPLA)
- Vereinigung von Fachleuten des Gewerblichen Rechtsschutzes (VPP)
Rate : $$$$