Clifton M. Dugas, II is a partner and real estate attorney. His work encompasses a diverse mixture of real estate and financing transactions centered on office, multi-family, retail, raw land, mixed-use, industrial and hospitality assets.
He is also experienced with transactions involving health care, student housing, media and publishing facilities, oil and gas real property and residential investment portfolios.
Clifton’s background with real estate asset transactions includes an emphasis on purchases and sales, leasing, development, and property related matters. He also advises on entity formation with respect to ownership and operation.
Clifton works with private and institutional lenders on real estate secured loan transactions, loan enforcements and workouts. On borrower-side financing, he helps negotiate loan documents and provides legal opinions to lenders.
Having practiced for more than 20 years and previously served as managing director and general counsel for a full-service commercial real estate management platform, Clifton understands the perspective and goals of company executives.
He drives deals from not just the legal side, but also in terms of strategic decision making and identifying key economic and business issues.
- J.D., Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, (1996)
- Order of the Coif graduate (top 10% of graduating class)
- Member, Louisiana Law Review
- LSU Law Center Hall of Fame Inductee (November 1996)
- B.S., University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Finance, (1993), magna cum laude
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Fraternity
- Texas (1998)
- Louisiana (1996)
Affiliations and Memberships :
- Member of local and state bar associations in Texas and Louisiana
- Board of Advisors, Commercial Real Estate Distressed Assets Association (CREDAA)
- Board of Director and Mentor, The Men of Nehemiah (Dallas, Texas)
- Member of The Real Estate Council (Dallas, Texas) and The International Council of Shopping Centers
- President, Board of Directors, Alliance for Justice Foundation (Meridian, Texas)
Rate : $$$