Clifton Smoot is an attorney on the Leary Trial Team, which handles complex cases involving injuries and death arising from construction and worksite conditions, defective products, dangerous property conditions, negligent security, and collisions between cars, trucks, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
Mr. Smoot has served people of all backgrounds, and cares deeply about helping every client recover from catastrophe. He graduated cum laude from UC Hastings College of the Law, received recognition for his “Outstanding Pro Bono Service,” and was awarded the Pfaff Trial Lawyer Scholarship.
Before joining The Veen Firm, Mr. Smoot worked at a prestigious boutique law firm that represented both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury cases.
Working for plaintiffs in that setting, he kindled close relationships with his clients, and honed his ability to tell their stories to insurance companies, judges, and juries.
He successfully advocated for clients who sustained brain injuries, amputations, spinal injuries, bone fractures, and other life-changing injuries. While working for defendants, he learned how defense attorneys and insurance companies work “behind the scenes,” a valuable perspective he puts to use today when helping his clients at The Veen Firm.
In his free time, Mr. Smoot swims in the bay, hikes with his dog, and also enjoys cooking and dancing with his wife (often at the same time). He is also a coach for the UC Hastings Trial Team.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, J.D. – 2015
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A. – 2007
- California, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- The Lawyers’ Club of San Francisco Inn of Court
- San Mateo County Trial Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$