Clint Crosby, shareholder in the Firm’s Atlanta office, concentrates his practice in intellectual property and business litigation. Mr. Crosby also handles litigation arising from transportation, construction and employment disputes.
Mr. Crosby’s intellectual property litigation experience includes matters relating to patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and unfair competition. He handles cases for both individuals and corporations, including declaratory judgment and infringement actions. Mr. Crosby also counsels clients regarding their intellectual property and how best to preserve, protect and maximize intellectual property assets.
Mr. Crosby’s transportation litigation experience includes matters involving wrongful death and catastrophic injury. These cases have addressed issues of negligent hiring and retention, negligent supervision and entrustment, and DOT and safety related violations. He has also handled cargo related claims for carriers and freight forwarding companies.
Mr. Crosby is a member of the Firm’s 24 Hour Motor Carrier Emergency Response Team, a group of attorneys dedicated to providing rapid post-accident intervention and investigation throughout the Firm’s footprint and beyond, whenever and wherever needed.
Mr. Crosby acts as a counselor and external general counsel for ongoing businesses and startup companies. He assists these companies with formation, operating agreements, employment strategies, intellectual property issues and litigation management. Mr. Crosby practices extensively in federal and state courts and is also licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 1997
- University of Georgia, B.S., Biology, 1994
- Georgia, 1997
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Intellectual Property
- Represented large ceiling fan manufacturer in patent infringement matters throughout the United States.
- Handled trademark and copyright infringement claims for nationally known real estate educator.
- Litigated patent infringement matters for manufacturers of laser bore sights and bulk-bag liners.
- Defended restaurant against trademark infringement claims including instituting cancellation proceedings at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Business Litigation
- Defended a nationwide retailer in water and sediment runoff litigation arising from a commercial real estate development.
- Counseled a large postal corporation on Title VII and other discrimination issues and represented the company in race and age discrimination claims at the EEOC and in Federal Court.
- Defended a banking corporation against class-action allegations of securities fraud and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Represented a real estate developer against fraud claims arising from the execution of a multimillion dollar promissory note.
- Handled the litigation of personal injury and cargo claims for a large national LTL carrier.
- Defended an international freight forwarding company in cargo damage and theft claims.
- Coordinated the investigation of a fatality accident for a national carrier.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Board Member – Atlanta Council of Younger Lawyers (2005 – 2008)
- Barrister – Joseph Henry Lumpkin Inn of Court (2002 – 2004)
- Member – American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member – Transportation Lawyers Association
- Board Member – Member at Large, IP Section of the Atlanta Bar Association (2011 – 2018)
Rate : $$$