Clinton G. Newton’s practice has involved all aspects of intellectual property law, including the preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications; litigation in patent, trademark and copyright matters; conducting validity and infringement studies; and the drafting of various licensing agreements. His emphasis in patent preparation is primarily mechanical applications.
In recent years, Clint’s practice has evolved to include an ever growing concentration on intellectual property law as it applies to the Internet. His practice in this area includes representation of numerous e-commerce clients in connection with domain name issues, copyright and trademark enforcement, software licensing and preparation of affiliate and Web site use agreements.
Clint has presented numerous CLE seminars on various IP subjects.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, 1997
- B.A., William Jewell College, 1992 (Physics)
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Section of Patent, Copyright and Trademark, Former President
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City
Rate : $$$$