Cody Miles Christiansen started his legal career with the Santa Barbara County Public Defenders Office as a criminal defense attorney. As a trial deputy, Cody was assigned to handle over 1,500 cases ranging from domestic violence, DUI’s, theft and burglary, drug possession and sales, violent assault, and property crimes.
He served as an arraignment deputy in drug and alcohol court and additionally defended cases for contempt against the Department of Child Support Services.
Cody then worked as both a senior trial attorney and managing attorney at a private criminal defense firm that he was instrumental in creating. While there, Cody personally handled over 1,000 cases in all areas of criminal defense with an emphasis on severe felonies.
Cody has heavy litigation experience ranging from trial preparation, preliminary hearings, violations of probation, restitution hearings, bail/bond hearings, and a vast range of motions with specialization in motions to suppress evidence.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Cody now uses his insight of case negotiation and to gain a significant advantage for his clients. His unique perspective and litigation experience make Cody a fearless opponent and advocate in the courtroom. Cody is passionate about helping people and enjoys helping injured victims face big insurance companies.
Cody earned such awards as: Top 40 under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers – 2015; 10 Best Under 40 by the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys – 2015 ; Top 40 under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers – 2014, and again Top 40 under 40 byThe National Trial Lawyers – 2013
Of all his accomplishments, Cody is most proud of his family. He is happily married with four children.
- Santa Barbara College of Law, JD – Juris Doctor, 2012
- University of California – Santa Barbara, BA – Bachelor of Arts, 2006
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys, Founding Member, 2015 – Present
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, Member, 2015 – Present
- Northern Santa Barbara County Bar Association, Member, 2014 – Present
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association, Member, 2014 – Present
- California DUI Lawyers Association, Member, 2014 – Present
Rate : $$$