Cody H. Knight has been a partner in Rayman & Knight since 2002. Upon his graduation from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cody decided to focus his practice in the areas of bankruptcy and financial insolvency work. Of his choice of practice area, he says, “I decided to go into this field because of the opportunity to make a real impact on people’s lives, to give them real relief.”
Cody understands that many people struggle to manage their financial crises on their own before turning to his firm for help, and notes with satisfaction that most clients feel better after just one meeting with him or his partner, because they know that there is help for their situation.
Cody is well-respected by the Kalamazoo legal community, and has spoken to several state and local legal organizations on various aspects of bankruptcy and debt relief practice. He is also active in community organizations, including service on the board of directors for a local charity for the blind.
In addition to the practice of law, Cody enjoys camping and outdoor activities and spending time with his wife and three children.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law , J.D., magna cum laude, 2002
- Order of the Coif
- Law Review, 2000-2001
- University of Detroit Mercy, College of Liberal Arts, B.A. (Political Science and English), summa cum laude, 1999
Admissions to Practice:
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Memberships and Associations:
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Michigan Steering Committee 2011-present
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
Rate : $$$