Colby Anne Kingsbury provides practical advice and strong litigation advocacy on commercial, intellectual property and employment matters. Commercial Litigator, Intellectual Property Litigator, Employment Litigator.
Colby works closely with large and small clients in a variety of industries including but not limited to banking, financial services, telecommunications, food and agribusiness, manufacturing, and home construction.
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Colby practiced for 10 years in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. In addition to her litigation practices, Colby co-founded the Kirkland Immigration Network (KIN) and mentored other Kirkland lawyers, providing useful resources and tools to colleagues working on immigration matters and offering regular CLE programs on immigration law.
Professional Associations :
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Civic Activities :
- ACLU of Illinois — Board Member
- Chicago Bar Foundation — Campaign for Justice (Vice Chair)
- James B. Moran Center for Youth Advocacy (formerly Evanston Community Defender) — Former Board Member and Former Board President
- National Immigrant Justice Center — Former Litigation Steering Committee
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D. with honors, Order of the Coif (2000)
- Otterbein College, B.F.A. in Musical Theatre and Dance, summa cum laude (1991)
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$