Colin G. Cabral is a litigator and trial lawyer specializing in intellectual property cases and commercial disputes in the life sciences area. Colin helps patent owners enforce their IP rights and defends technology companies against infringement suits.
He has litigated an array of patent cases to successful resolutions, obtaining dismissals, summary judgment, and trial wins. He was the youngest member of the firm to serve as lead trial counsel in a patent case.
Recently, Colin has represented life sciences companies in trade secret misappropriation, products liability, and breach of contract matters.
Colin was named to Benchmark Litigation’s Under 40 Hotlist, which recognizes attorneys under the age of 40 who “have been deemed the most promising emerging talent in their respective litigation communities. by peers and clients.”
He understands the needs and expectations of clients after serving as in-house litigation counsel for a global life sciences company. He also gained valuable courtroom experience while serving as a special assistant district attorney. Colin now serves as regular faculty for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
Colin has been recognized for his distinguished work on behalf of pro bono clients. He serves as Board Chairman of FreeFrom, a charitable organization that helps survivors of domestic violence achieve financial independence so they can build lives free from violence. Colin is also a member of the board of the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA).
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2004
- Columbia University, B.S., 2001
Admissions & Qualifications :
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Michigan, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
- U.S. District Court, California, Central District
- U.S. District Court, California, Northern District
- U.S. District Court, Texas, Eastern District
- American Bar Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$