Colin Barrett is an associate in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Boston office where he focuses his practice on civil litigation. His practice includes representation of financial institutions and insurance companies.
Colin has also represented attorneys, accountants, and real estate professionals before licensing boards, administrative agencies and state and federal courts in Massachusetts.
Colin has experience defending claims of negligence, legal malpractice, unfair and deceptive business practices, breach of contract, conspiracy and civil violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act. Colin also has experience in the financial services industry.
- Suffolk University Law School, JD, cum laude, Macaronis Civil Litigation Concentration with Distinction (2014)
- Stonehill College, BA, Criminology (2007)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Belanger, et. Al. v. BNY Mellon Asset Management, et. al., 15-cv-10198, US District Court, Massachusetts (dismissal of complaint alleging fraud and conspiracy under 42 U.S.C. § 1985.)
- Fagone v. Kaltsas, et. al., Massachusetts Appeals Court, 91 Mass.App.Ct. 1114 (2016) (affirmed dismissal of claim for legal malpractice)
- Obtained dismissal of complaints filed with the Massachusetts Office of Bar Counsel
- Successfully represented clients before the Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure
Previous Professional Experience:
- Litigation Associate at Northeastern based law firm (2015-2017)
- Research Analyst for corporate compliance at State Street Corporation (2014-2015)
- Summer Associate for the Firm (2013)
- Financial Investigator in the Special Prosecutions Unit at the Office of the Suffolk County District Attorney (2007-2008)
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$