Colleen E. Lamarre concentrates her practice on employee benefits (ERISA) and executive compensation matters. She advises employers regarding the design, documentation, compliance and administration of retirement, health and welfare plans.
Colleen also assists clients with government audits, investigations, reporting and employer disclosure obligations. She regularly advises clients on health and welfare plan design and compliance with ERISA, EEOC requirements, and the ACA.
Colleen counsels clients on fiduciary matters in connection with the investment of employee benefit plan assets and employee benefits issues arising in corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions.
She also regularly advises clients in executive compensation matters, such as compensation and incentive arrangements, including compliance with Internal Revenue Code §409A.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represents clients in corporate transactions, drafting and designing non-qualified executive compensation agreements and plans, including equity and non-equity arrangements.
- Advises on remediation of Section 409A violations involving stock options, stock units and other nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
- Assists clients in designing, adopting and operating tax-favored employee benefit plans (including defined benefit and defined contribution plans) and welfare plans.
- Advises clients on complex aspects of the Affordable Care Act (including the Employer Mandate and ACA reporting compliance), COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Supports employers in correcting 401(k) retirement plan failures under the IRS Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System and DOL Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program.
- Counsels plan sponsors and investment committees regarding investment policy statements and trust agreements.
- Western Pension & Benefits Council
- National Native American Bar Association, National Affiliate Representative to the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Council
- National Native American Bar Association Foundation, Board Member
- ABA Young Lawyers Division, Council Member
- LL.M., (in Taxation), New York University School of Law, 2012
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 2011
- A.B., Dartmouth College, 2007
ADMISSIONS : California, New York
Rate : $$$