Ms. Colleen M. Regan is a partner in the Labor & Employment Department in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. She is one of the founding members of Seyfarth’s California Workplace Solutions group, and provides counseling and best practices advice on a range of California-specific employment law issues.
She is also Co-Founder of the California Peculiarities Employment Law Blog. Ms. Regan’s practice is a combination of litigation defense and counseling. On the litigation side, she focuses on defense of employers in wage and hour class actions and single plaintiff employment-related litigation of all kinds.
She has handled class litigation matters in a number of industries, including manufacturing, retail, and gaming. She has tried numerous single-plaintiff cases in state and federal courts, ranging from wage claims to suits for sexual harassment and retaliation.
Ms. Regan’s employment counseling practice concerns a variety of workplace issues and litigation avoidance strategies, including compliance with California and federal anti-discrimination, anti-harassment and mandated leave laws, record-keeping requirements, recruitment and hiring, wage-hour, employee classification, alternative workforce arrangements, compensation plans, terminations, and other human resources practices, as well as negotiating and documenting employment and severance agreements.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Loyola Marymount University (1985)
- Note and Comment Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
- American Jurisprudence Award for Debtor-Creditor Relations
- B.A., St. John’s College (1978)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
Rate : $$$$