Colleen Mallon Casse skillfully represents clients in complex commercial and real estate litigation, in state and federal courts. Colleen has extensive experience representing lenders and special servicers in the commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) industry, involving put-back or repurchase claims, intercreditor disputes, lender liability claims, and various other types of business disputes.
She has litigated some of the country’s leading CMBS put-back claims, where she has helped define the rights of CMBS trusts and mortgage loan sellers. Colleen is a trustee and board member of the Venable Foundation.
Colleen previously served as co-chair of WAVe (Women Attorneys at Venable), Venable’s affinity group for women attorneys, and chaired the firm’s Partnership Selection Committee.
- Second chaired a litigation team that paved the way to the disposition of Stuyvesant Town in December 2015
- Prevented mezzanine lenders from intervening and halting the foreclosure of Stuyvesant Town. Bank of Am., et al. v. PCV ST Owner LP, et al., 10 Civ. 1178 [AJK], S.D.N.Y
- Obtained a temporary restraining order against mezzanine lenders that prevented them from acquiring or selling the equity interests in the borrowers without prior payment of the total amount due under the senior loan. Bank of Am., et al. v. PSW NYC LLC, No. 651293/10, 2010 WL 4243437, N.Y. Sup. Sept. 16, 2010
- Played a key role in representing Enron Creditors Recovery Corp., recovering more than $250 million for the estate of Enron
- J.D.University of Maryland School of Law1999
- B.A.Yale University1995
Bar Admissions : Maryland, District of Columbia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Clerk Experience :
- Honorable Kermit E. Bye U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit 2001 2002
- Honorable Mark W. Bennett, Chief Judge U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa 1999-2001
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association of Maryland
- Member, J. Dudley Digges Inn of Court
- Graduate, Greater Baltimore Committee Leadership Program
Rate : $$$