Colleen Pleasant Kline is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Baltimore office. She serves as outside general corporate counsel and advisor to clients ranging from business owners to entrepreneurs, including their officers, directors, and shareholders, for entities of all sizes covering a broad range of legal and business issues.
Ms. Pleasant Kline’s corporate experience includes mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and private placements and encompasses the more complex issues surrounding angel investment, venture capital financings, and leveraged recapitalizations.
Her diverse client base includes privately held companies, portfolio companies, private equity firms, American subsidiaries of foreign owned entities and public companies, government contractors, manufacturers, distributors, and real estate entities.
- The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, JD (2001)
- Hood College, MBA (1999)
- Cornell University, BA, cum laude (1996)
- District of Columbia
- Advises privately held companies on all corporate legal matters related to the entire life cycle of their business including:
- General corporate governance
- Growth, financing and recapitalization
- Internal owner disputes
- Mergers and acquisition counsel for buyers and sellers in transactions of both privately and publicly held industries of up to $250 million. Past and present industries represented include:
- Industries co-owned by foreign and domestic parties
- Construction and Construction related services
- Government contractors
- Advises clients on a variety of matters related to the Hart-Scott-Rodino premerger notification filings.
- American Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Baltimore Junior Association of Commerce, Inc., Legal Counsel (2003-2008)
- Greater Baltimore Technology Committee
- Maryland State Bar Association, Chair of the Mid-Market and Small Business Committee of the Business Law Section
Rate : $$$