Colm Nelson chairs the firm’s Construction practice and represents public owners, private owners and developers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, design professionals, brokers, and lenders in a wide variety of construction transactions, construction litigation, procurement and real estate matters.
He has more than ten years of experience in the construction industry, and negotiates complex construction and design contracts for public and private owners. Colm represents clients in disputes over bid protests, construction defects and property damage, extra work and delay claims, errors and omissions in design documents, tenant improvements, breach of warranty, insurance coverage against insurance companies and mechanic’s liens.
He also has substantial experience handling procurement issues for public, quasi-public and private entities and related projects with respect to construction, services and goods.
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law, 2005
- B.A., Western Washington University (cum laude), 2000
- Laval University, Quebec City, Canada, 1998
- Blackrock College, Dublin, Ireland, 1996
- Washington, 2005
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2012
- Foster Pepper PLLC
- Belcher Swanson Law Firm PLLC, 2013-2015
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker LLP, Associate, 2005-2007
- Barokas Martin and Tomlinson, Law Clerk, 2004-2005
Rate : $$$