Colton C. Parsons’ practice focuses primarily on assisting upstream and midstream oil and gas producers on various environmental and regulatory compliance matters. Mr. Parsons assists publicly traded energy companies with violation avoidance and in the rare instance of a notice of violation, assists with rectifying the situation.
Additionally, Mr. Parsons assists upstream and midstream producers in emergency response to mitigate liability and ensure all applicable entities are notified. Mr. Parsons also has experience on the regulation of hazardous waste disposal, as well as certain OSHA and PHMSA-related issues.
Mr. Parsons’ experience includes review of methane flaring regulations, OSHA liability at upstream oil and gas facilities, and radiation safety requirements for oil and gas producers in Ohio and West Virginia.
- Tracked legislative and regulatory developments on a daily basis in the oil and gas industry and provided updates to oil and gas companies
- Assisted in drafting regulatory comment letters to the Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection, and Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Evaluated the applicability of air, water, and waste regulations to oil and gas producers’ specific operations
- Assists upstream and midstream oil and gas producers in emergency response to mitigate liability and ensure all applicable entities are notified
- Developed and reviewed policies and safe work practices related to upstream oil and gas operations
- Research and develop drone usage policy for upstream and midstream oil and gas operator
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.S. University of Kentucky
- Order of the Barristers
- 2016 Baker Cup Winner
- CALI Awards: Administrative Law; Environmental Protection; Siting and Permitting of Energy Facilities; Seminar in Human Rights and the Environment; Transactional Skills; Science and Technology of Energy
- Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA)
- Independent Oil and Gas Association (IOGA)
- West Virginia Oil and Natural Gas Association (WVONGA)
- Pennsylvania Independent Oil and Gas Association (PIOGA)
Rate : $$$$