Concentrating in the field of employment law since 1987, Connie L. Michaels has a deep understanding of how to best address challenges related to a wide range of employment issues.
She regularly leads the defense in lawsuits, arbitrations and administrative proceedings brought against companies and managers involving a variety of claims including: sexual harassment; age, disability, race and gender discrimination; retaliation; wrongful discharge; whistle blowing; and wage/hour claims including class actions.
Connie prepares and argues law and motion matters, and successfully assists clients in achieving cost-effective settlements in mediations. Her legal arguments have been adopted in published opinions in both federal and state courts.
Connie offers practical advice to in-house counsel, human resources professionals and business owners of companies ranging from local family-owned businesses to multinational corporations regarding their legal rights and responsibilities to their employees.
She assists employers in designing and implementing arbitration programs, conducting personnel practices audits, and preparing personnel documents such as disciplinary memos, employment contracts, severance agreements and personnel policies.
A 2016 graduate of Mediator Training at Pepperdine School of Law, Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, Connie also provides mediation services. She is on the U.S. District Court, Central District of California Court’s Mediation Panel.
Connie represents clients in diverse industries, including : Aviation, Education, Healthcare, Insurance, Media, including broadcast and publishing, Property management. A sought-after speaker and engaging trainer, Connie regularly participates as a panelist in employment seminars and has made numerous presentations in specific areas of employment law, including:
- Avoidance of legal risk involving employment discrimination and retaliation
- Compliance with disability laws
- Minimizing wrongful termination lawsuits
- Wage and hour and employment law updates
Connie serves on the firm’s steering committee for the Women’s Leadership Initiative through Littler’s Diversity Counsel, and previously served on its Governance and Associates Committees.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 1986
- M.A., University of Southern California Annenberg School for Communications, 1986
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, National Association of Women Lawyers
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Committee on Trustees, Audit Committee, and Development Committee, Park Century School, Culver City, CA
- Former Adjunct Faculty Member, Master of Science in Administration Program, School of Graduate Studies, University of West Los Angeles
Rate : $$$$