Cono A. Carrano is a trial lawyer and a registered patent lawyer who focuses his practice on complex patent litigation. His experience primarily involves semiconductors, electronics, software, wireless and optics technology. Cono has worked with patent trial counsel in numerous European and Asian countries.Cono brings a sophisticated technical understanding to matters involving a wide range of IP issues. He holds both undergraduate and graduate degrees in engineering, and, prior to entering the practice of law, he was a member of the technical staff and designed supercomputers at AT&T Bell Laboratories.
Cono represents clients before:
- U.S. district courts
- The International Trade Commission (ITC)
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO); Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Trial and registered patent lawyer.
- Sits on the firm’s intellectual property (IP) committee.
- Designed supercomputers at AT&T Bell Laboratories.
- On behalf of a leading global technology manufacturer, provided management and direction of multi-patent litigation involving microprocessor technology in the United Kingdom, Germany, Hong Kong, Taiwan, the People’s Republic of China, Korea and Japan.
- Advised in an ITC 337 proceeding involving patent infringement claims related to a Complimentary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) image sensor technology.
- Defended a leading global technology manufacturer in an eight-patent infringement case involving microprocessor and multimedia processing technology.
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1994
- M.E.E., New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering, 1988
- B.E.E., Stony Brook University, State University of New York, 1984
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$