Connie Pendleton represents clients in the area of media law, from pre-publication counseling through trial and appeal. She represents online publishers, production companies, cable news and entertainment networks, television and radio broadcasters, book, magazine, and newspaper publishers, book sellers, journalists, and authors in defamation, privacy, and newsgathering claims, reporter’s privilege, copyright, theft of ideas, and other First Amendment matters. She also provides advice on advertising, marketing, contests and sweepstakes, and other promotions.
As the daughter of a US Foreign Service Officer and a World Bank lawyer, Connie grew up around the world, living in Tel Aviv; Bujumbura, Burundi in Central Africa; Brussels; London; Paris; Washington, D.C.; Boston; and New York.
Connie’s clients include: Air America Radio Network, Al Jazeera, Amazon.com, Atlantic Media, Oath (AOL/Huffington Post), Bauer Publishing, Center for American Progress, Center for Public Integrity, China Central Television (CCTV), CNN, Comcast, Discovery Inc. (Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Science Channel, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel), Dow Jones (Wall Street Journal, Barron’s), E! Entertainment Television, The Economist, Facebook, Fusion, Gannett Co., Jet.com, Journal Communications, Inc., MTV, News Corp., NBCUniversal, Pew, Pro Publica, Inc., Random House, Simon & Schuster, Some Spider (Scary Mommy.com, United Mine Workers of America, and V-Day.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Chair (and former secretary), Media Law Committee of the Arts, Entertainment and Sports Law Section, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Former Co-chair, Media Law Practice Group, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Trustee, NCRC Preschool, 2014-present; Co-chair, Head of School Search Committee; Co-chair, Communications and Community Committee; Former Vice Chair, NCRC Board; Former Head Support Liaison – National Child Research Center, Washington, D.C.
- Former member, Head of School Counsel, Milton Academy, Milton, Mass.
- Former Board member, Blue Igloo Playgroup, Washington, D.C.
- Advisor, Friends of Macomb Park, Washington, D.C.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1997
- B.A., English, Barnard College, Columbia University, 1992, cum laude
Rate : $$$