Constance Norton is a litigator with over 25 years’ experience. Her practice focuses on defending employers in lawsuits involving wage and hour violations, employment discrimination and harassment, and employee theft of trade secrets. She also counsels management on strategies and policies designed to minimize exposure to individual and employee class action or PAGA lawsuits.
Constance invests the time to understand her clients’ businesses and to keep them apprised of relevant changes in the law to avoid litigation. When a company is sued, she provides an aggressive defense while minimizing the disruption to her client’s business and keeping an eye on a cost effective resolution.
She prides herself on her ability to synthesize legal issues for human resources directors and in-house counsel which allows them to communicate the cost savings benefits of legal compliance with their internal business partners.
Constance has extensive experience defending employers in state and federal court and before administrative agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. She also has broad experience representing companies in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution processes.
- J.D., Golden Gate University School of Law, 1989
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Litigation / Labor and Employment Sections, State Bar of California
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Chair, Vice Chair and Member, Board of Directors, The Shanti Project, 2012-2018
- Consumer Advocate, CDMRP Breast Cancer Research Program Peer Review Grants..
Rate : $$$$