Cooper Thurber practices in the area of commercial and tort litigation. His practice concentrates in product and professional liability, insurance coverage, bad faith, trucking, toxic tort, premises liability and banking law.
He represents businesses and insurers in significant commercial and tort litigation. Clients have included insurers, banks, manufacturers, universities, lawyers, judges and developers. Mr. Thurber has worked with insurance carriers as coverage, extra contractual and casualty counsel for the past 48 years.
He has defended commercial carriers in bad faith, fraud and breach of contract matters in courts throughout Alabama both state and local. He has put on numerous seminars for carriers on avoiding bad faith in Alabama under the L.& S. Roofing doctrine.
- University of Alabama, J.D., 1970
- University of Mississippi, B.A., 1966
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar
- Mobile Bar Association (Former President)
- The Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (Chairman Emeritus, Admissions Committee)
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Fellow, Alabama Law Foundation
- Mobile Chamber of Commerce (Board of Advisors, 1995-2014)
- Represented Chinese company in acquisition of U.S. manufacturing company.
- Successfully defended U.K. manufacturing company in 47 toxic tort cases involving carbon disulfide poisoning.
- Defended products liability cases throughout the State of Alabama, including chainsaws, after market pick-up truck performance enhancers, hair curlers, motor vehicle glazing, rocket launchers, football/racing helmets and many other products.
- Successfully defended national grocery store chain in nationwide class action involving out-of-date food products.
Rate : $$$