Corey Lee’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and internal investigations. Corey’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, including litigation of matters arising from information security and data breach incidents, contract disputes, class actions, business torts, securities litigation, product liability litigation, and electronic discovery.
Corey also has experience conducting internal investigations for health care, consumer and retail companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Corey served as a judicial clerk for Hon. John Lungstrum, Chief Judge of the US District Court for the District of Kansas from 2004 to 2005. Following his clerkship, he joined Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP as an associate.
Corey is admitted to practice before the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida and the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
- Experience advising clients on the preservation, collection and production of electronically stored information.
- Represents major international beverage manufacturer coordinating discovery for disputes in the United States and the United Kingdom, including the preservation and collection of electronically stored information.
- Represents clients in class actions involving data breach events, including actions involving Protected Health Information and account information.
- Experience executing internal investigations involving potential theft of trade secrets, healthcare fraud, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).
- Represents distributors in defense of national product liability class action and related state court actions.
- Experience representing petroleum franchisors in Petroleum Marketing Practices Act matters and other disputes with franchisees.
- Represents Fortune 500 companies as they respond to government and third party subpoenas and investigations involving data breach events, the False Claims Acts, the Stark Act, and the Antikickback Law.
- Represented major international beverage manufacturer and distributor in a RICO action filed by the Republic of Colombia alleging a money laundering and smuggling scheme.
- Worked as part of Monitor team selected by Department of Justice to ensure corporate compliance with focus on the False Claims Acts, the Stark Act, and the Antikickback Law.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, 2004
- BA, History, Yale University, 2000
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, District of Kansas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, National Bar Association
- Member, Yale University Alumni Schools Committee
- Member, The Sedona Conference, Working Group 1, Electronic Document Retention and Production
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Secretary, Board of Trustees, AMIkids Miami-Dade
Rate : $$$