Corinne E. Atton is an accomplished trial attorney with extensive experience representing life sciences and technology-focused clients in complex and high-stakes intellectual property matters.
Her courtroom experience includes bench trials in U.S. district court, and trials and motion practice before the Chancery Division (Patents Court) of the High Court of Justice of England and Wales.
She also represents clients in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings before the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and conducts patent due diligence associated with high profile acquisitions.
Her practice focuses on pharmaceuticals, biologics, biotechnology, and medical devices. She has worked on cases concerning DNA sequencing technologies, recombinant polypeptides, enzyme inhibitors, receptor agonists, iron chelators, anti-diabetic drugs, wakefulness-promoting agents, surgical mesh affixing systems, and laser hair removal systems.
Corinne edits, writes for, and manages Venable’s BiologicsHQ microsite – a website that provides statistical analyses and timely commentary concerning U.S. patent proceedings relating to FDA-approved biologic drugs. She also regularly publishes and speaks on a wide variety of intellectual property topics and developments.
Corinne formerly practiced as a barrister in England and Wales, where she advised on high value patent litigations, trademark litigations, commercial litigations and international arbitrations.
- Represented Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research before the Federal Circuit on question concerning review of patent interference decisions
- Represented Novartis in ANDA litigations concerning Exjade ® (deferasirox) (pharmaceutical metal chelator)
- Represented Spectrum Brands in medical device litigation (light hair removal systems)
- Due diligence of Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma’s acquisition of Neuroderm (Rehovot, Israel).
- LL.M. Columbia Law School 2008
- B.V.C. BPP Law School 2002
- B.S. with honors University College London 2000
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$