Corrie Colwell is an Associate at Fragomen’s New York office, where she advises multinational corporate clients on immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and the PERM labor certification process.
Corrie has experience working with a wide range of clients, including companies in the financial services, global e-commerce, information technology, advertising, marketing and shipping industries. Prior to becoming an Associate, Corrie worked with the firm as a paralegal and law clerk since August 2010.
While in law school, Corrie served as a legal intern for the school’s Safe Harbor Project, where she successfully obtained asylum for a client and represented an individual filing a Violence Against Women petition. Corrie also served as a legal intern for the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District, Immigration Division.
In this capacity, she assisted with immigration litigation matters on behalf of the United States. She also served as an Articles Editor for the Brooklyn Law Review.
Corrie has volunteered for Citizenship Now!, where she assisted foreign nationals in completing applications for U.S. citizenship.
- Successfully responded to complex Requests for Evidence for H-1B and L-1 nonimmigrant petitions.
- Successfully filed Motions to Reopen and responded to complex audits by the Department of Labor for ongoing PERM cases.
- Assisted advertising and marketing professionals in obtaining “extraordinary ability” classification based on demonstrated international expertise and prominence in their fields.
- Brooklyn Law School | J.D., 2016
- University Connecticut | B.A., 2010
Bar Admissions: New York, New Jersey
Rate : $$$