Cory M. Curtis litigates complex commercial cases in federal, state and administrative courts, as well as in private arbitration proceedings across the country. Cory often represents equipment manufacturers in distribution and franchise matters, product liability claims alleging catastrophic loss and wrongful death, and disputes involving contracts and business torts. When Cory advises on high-stakes litigation matters, he helps his clients to achieve both their legal and business objectives.
- Prevailed in seven-day administrative law trial before Texas State Office of Administrative Hearings for Class 8 truck manufacturer by showing manufacturer’s good cause to reduce dealer’s AOR because of dealer’s poor sales and service performance and successfully defended case on appeal.
- Secured jury verdict and awarded attorney’s fees and costs for drilling company client in case involving breach of the International Association of Drilling Contractor’s form contract in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. Prosecuted the drilling company’s breach-of-contract case and defended against counterclaims involving allegations of rig-component product liability as well as unsafe drilling practices and OSHA violations.
- After nearly a decade of litigation in New York state court, secured agreement to transfer venue to arbitration and later won defense award for manufacturer facing claims over a failed joint venture to sell equipment to factories in Greece.
- Awarded summary judgment for publicly traded engineering and manufacturing firm in catastrophic injury and quadriplegia products liability case in Maricopa County, Ariz., by defeating plaintiffs’ causation theory where plaintiffs sought more than $30 million in damages.
- Led representation of a Mexican dairy products manufacturer in Texas litigation with American distributor.
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law: Alumni Council (2016)
- Businesses of Thornton Advisory Commission: Chairperson (2011 to 2014)
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2003
- B.A., Hope College, 1999
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$