Ms. Courtney Bryan Sheaffer’s Labor & Employment experience includes representation of employers in cases involving sexual harassment, race, religion, gender, age and disability discrimination, wage and hour class actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), breaches of non-solicitation and non-compete agreements, misappropriation of confidential information and trade secrets.
She provides advisory counsel on compliance with State and Federal regulations and statutory laws, preparation of various employment agreements, facilitation of trainings on regulatory and statutory compliance, and harassment & discrimination prevention and proper reporting practices.
She has extensive experience before various administrative tribunals, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), as well as other state, federal and local agencies. She also handles traditional employment matters including federal and state trials, arbitrations and alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Additionally, Ms. Sheaffer represents clients in commercial litigation, including contract disputes, breach of warranty, premises liability and defective product defense, responsible third-party defense, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, collections, fraud, defamation and business disparagement.
- Louisiana Tech University, B. S. in Finance, magna cum laude
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D.
- State of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- The Woodlands Bar Association – President 2017-present
- Junior League of Houston – Head Active for the Houston Food Bank, Kids’ Meals and Reach Out & Read
- Leadership Montgomery County Graduate of the Class of 2014 and Assistant Chairman of Education
- The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce-Young Professionals Network
Rate : $$$$