Courtney B. Glaser is a business litigator who represents large corporations and individuals, as both plaintiffs and defendants, in complex commercial disputes. Courtney has extensive litigation experience, ranging from high-profile energy cases to representation of clients in the firm’s managed care practice.
Courtney has represented corporations and individuals, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in a wide variety of litigation, arbitration and counseling matters, including breach of contract, breach of warranty, business torts, construction litigation, insurance litigation, real estate litigation, deceptive trade practices, products liability, antitrust, privacy and fraud.
In her practice, Courtney has developed substantial experience in managing complex litigation and complicated discovery.
Courtney’s current practice includes an emphasis on managed care litigation. Courtney has represented group insurers, plan administrators, third-party claim administrators and employers in lawsuits and arbitrations involving medical benefits, billing issues, fraud and other disputes. Courtney’s insurance and ERISA practice has included jurisdictional, discovery and standard of review issues unique to ERISA cases.
As part of her managed care practice, Courtney represents clients in federal and state lawsuits, as well as arbitrations, including disputes surrounding provider agreements, as well as overpayment and fraudulent billing issues.
Courtney’s skill at managing large, complex disputes includes significant experience with claims data management and medical coding and billing issues, as well as privacy issues unique to the health care industry.
Additionally, Courtney has significant experience representing energy companies in complex commercial disputes, as both plaintiffs and defendants.
Her experience has included representation of energy clients in contract actions, as well as other extra-contractual disputes, including breach of warranty, tortious interference, products liability, negligence and fraud.
- Obtained recovery of overpayments on medical claims paid to a hospital system as a result of counterclaims filed on behalf of a managed care client in federal court.
- Trial counsel defending client in multi-million dollar contract dispute involving natural gas gathering system, resulting in favorable verdict following four-week jury trial in state court.
- Trial counsel representing client in bill of review action in state court, resulting in a complete verdict in client’s favor.
- Multiple litigation and arbitration proceedings involving issues relating to anesthesia services.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of client in dispute relating to property owners’ association.
- Obtained summary judgment in federal court in declaratory judgment action involving insurance coverage dispute, which was affirmed by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Multiple contested matters filed by hospitals and other health care facilities seeking alleged underpayments, including proceedings in federal court, state court and arbitration.
- Litigation against a reinsurance broker concerning alleged lost commissions in federal court.
- Representation of an energy company as plaintiff in a lawsuit in state court relating to a tubing failure.
- Litigation against a hospital system and third-party vendor network in state court relating to an alleged decade-long claim dispute.
- Obtained summary judgment in declaratory judgment lawsuit filed in federal court for reformation based on scrivener’s error.
- Representation of client in defending wrongful death claim.
- Representation of managed care companies in coverage disputes.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of managed care client in suit involving denial of medical claims.
- Representing managed care companies in lawsuits to recover payments made as a result of fraudulent misrepresentations.
- Obtained dismissal in favor of client in suit involving denial of medical claims.
- Representation of managed care clients in bariatric surgery disputes.
- Representation of clients in air ambulance disputes.
- Representation of clients in medical billing and coding disputes.
- JD, Vanderbilt Law School, Senior Notes Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law, 2007
- BA, Louisiana State University, 2004
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$