Courtney A. Hasselberg is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Ms. Hasselberg represents businesses nationally and in California for employment-related matters. Ms. Hasselberg has handled litigation involving claims of harassment, discrimination, whistleblowing, unfair labor practices and wage and hour issues, including class action and multi-plaintiff cases.
Ms. Hasselberg also counsels businesses on avoiding employment-related litigation and on national and California employment-related compliance matters. She has represented corporate clients of all sizes, from small, locally-owned businesses to multi-national corporations, in federal and state courts and alternative tribunals throughout the country.
Ms. Hasselberg has achieved successful results for clients at every stage of litigation, including motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, trial and arbitration, and upon appellate review. In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Hasselberg has handled corporate governance and transactional matters, and routinely deals with a variety of administrative agencies at all levels of government in connection with her representation of clients.
She has represented employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, and several state and local civil rights agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Ms. Hasselberg served as a judicial law clerk for the late Hon. Floyd R. Gibson, U. S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit. Following her clerkship, Ms. Hasselberg practiced law in Kansas City, Missouri, with an emphasis on employment and commercial trial litigation. Ms. Hasselberg relocated to California in 2013.
- University of Missouri – Kansas City, Juris Doctor with Distinction
- University of Missouri – Kansas City, Masters of Arts, History
- William Jewell College, Bachelor Of Arts, summa cum laude
- State Bar Admissions, California, Missouri
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Representative Matters :
- Part of trial team that achieved one of Missouri’s top defense verdicts in 2012 in a commercial litigation dispute which involved claims of fraudulent misrepresentation and inducement against a Fortune 500 company.
- Obtained summary judgment in Iowa federal court for large regional transportation company on employment claims involving allegations of national origin discrimination and retaliation.
- Obtained dismissal of fraud and breach of contract claims brought against a global real estate brokerage firm in California state court.
- Obtained summary judgment and successfully defended judgment on appeal for one of the largest software companies in the United States.
Prior to beginning private practice, Courtney clerked for the Honorable Floyd R. Gibson, of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Rate : $$$