Courtney A. McCormick practices with the restructuring and insolvency legal team and has significant experience handling complex legal issues that arise in reorganizations, liquidations, financial restructuring, and adversary proceeding litigation.
Her practice focuses on representing secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 proceedings. She also has extensive experience representing parties seeking to recover or defend against preferential and fraudulent transfers.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Courtney served for 3 years as the primary law clerk to the Honorable Chief Judge Lewis M. Killian, Jr., and the Honorable Chief Judge Karen K. Specie of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Florida. Before that, she served as legislative intern to Representative Thomas Grady in the Florida House of Representatives.
- Representation of secured and unsecured lenders in complex bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of secured and unsecured lenders in state and federal court litigation.
- Representation of major telecommunications service provider in commercial disputes.
- Representation of several large lending institutions in consumer financial services litigation, including large complex cases involving debt collection disputes.
- National bankruptcy counsel for leading financial institution regarding mortgage, servicing, and loss mitigation matters.
- Florida State University College of Law, JD, cum laude, Dean’s List, Article Selection Editor, Journal of Transnational Law and Policy, 2011
- University of Florida, BA, History and Political Science, cum laude, Dean’s List, 2008
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Advisory Board Member, American Bankruptcy Institute Alexander L. Paskay Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Practice
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Member, Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member, Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Volunteer, Legal Aid Foundation, Tallahassee Bar Association, Inc.
Rate : $$$$