Craig L. Caesar is an experienced trial and appellate lawyer whose clients turn to him for assistance on a wide variety of complex business disputes and government investigations. As a shareholder in our New Orleans office, Mr. Caesar represents regional and national clients in the health care, marine product manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services industries.
Mr. Caesar advises his clients on antitrust, corporate governance and trade regulation matters, advocating for them in state and federal litigation, and defending them against investigations by the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice when necessary.
Mr. Caesar acts as lead outside counsel to two national credit data exchanges, and has been involved with them since each was formed more than fifteen years ago. In this role, he is engaged in handling legal issues for each entity, which may include antitrust, intellectual property, contracting, and privacy and data security concerns.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1978
- Northwestern University, M.A., 1976
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1974 with highest honors
- Louisiana, 1988
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth, Fifth and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- Texas, 2007
- Successfully argued before federal appellate court to obtain affirmance of summary judgment in favor of a health care client, resulting in the dismissal of the plaintiff’s claim of negligent credentialing.
- Prevailed in an eleven-year case on behalf of major marine products manufacturer involving three separate trials on federal and state law liability and damage issues and appeals in defense of Robinson-Patman.
- Representation of clients in grand jury and Federal Trade Commission antirust investigations.
- Successfully defended a national feed supplier in distribution litigation.
- Antitrust counseling of health care clients and trade associations.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Member – The Federal Bar Association
- Member – Dallas Bar Association
- Member – Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member – The New Orleans Bar Association
- Member – Illinois State Bar Association
Rate : $$$