Craig Creighton Conley is a shareholder in the Memphis office of Baker Donelson and has significant experience in litigation in a variety of areas with an emphasis in medical malpractice defense, long-term care litigation, commercial litigation, construction litigation, products liability defense, premises liability, insurance defense, personal injury defense and labor and employment. Mr. Conley is also experienced in class action defense, particularly in employment related matters.
Mr. Conley has served as lead counsel as well as co-counsel in jury and non-jury trials in state and federal courts in Tennessee and throughout the United States. Prior to joining Baker Donelson, Mr. Conley was in house counsel for Federal Express Corporation within the litigation department with a focus on labor and employment. Mr. Conley also served as law clerk to the Honorable W. Frank Crawford of the Tennessee Court of Appeals, Western Section.
- University of Memphis, J.D., cum laude, 1998
- University of Tennessee, B.A., magna cum laude, 1993
- Tennessee, 1998
- Arkansas, 2011
- Kentucky, 2012
- Mississippi, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Won a jury verdict for a defendant hospital in a case involving a patient who suffered extensive injuries associated with a bowel perforation.
- Obtained the dismissal of an action against a hospital in a health care liability action, with the Tennessee Court of Appeals, Western Division upholding the lower court’s decision after oral argument.
- Obtained favorable rulings for long-term care clients in administrative involuntary discharge proceedings.
- Obtained a favorable ruling in an arbitration on behalf of a nursing home facility in a long-term care negligence
- Obtained a favorable ruling in arbitration dismissing all negligence claims against the defendant nursing home facility as a result of the plaintiff’s failure to comply with the Tennessee Healthcare Liability Act.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for the defendant nursing home facility in a long-term care negligence action arising out of the plaintiff’s fall.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of the defendant pain management physician in a wrongful death case stemming from an epidural block procedural.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a defendant employer in a federal employment discrimination case based on a failure to promote.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of the defendant subcontractor in a personal injury action arising from the construction of a manufacturing facility, with the Tennessee Court of Appeals, Western Division affirming after oral argument.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association (Board of Directors, 2006, 2007, 2011; Member, Litigation Section; Participant, Mentoring Program, 2006 – present)
- Fellow – Memphis Bar Foundation
- Federal Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Inns of Court, Leo Bearman Sr. Chapter (Barrister Member, 2003 – 2006)
Rate : $$$